"It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" WOODEN Signs


No Cricut machine necessary and remember, it doesn't have to be perfect - if it's truly handmade. ;) 



Found a cute little Christmas-themed package containing 2 stencils over a month ago at the Dollar Tree store (for $1.25).  At the time, I didn't know how I'd use them but I knew they'd come in handy.



I ended up making TWO signs using these cheap yet wonderful stencils - one for the fireplace and one to hang on a wall.

Originally, for the hanging sign, I was just going to paint my design on the stained board itself (like I did with the fireplace sign)...



But I changed my mind and decided to paint the entire board with chalk paint BEFORE doing my design.

First, I traced out my snowman (using a felt snowman I purchased at Dollarama)...


Then I did my best lining up the eyes and nose, then went-to-town on painting my snowman!





After all that was done, it was time to stencil on my words... or so I thought.


I remembered a 'mini' sign I made a few weeks earlier using the same colour chalk paint and thought this would look great on my board!





So I glued it down... and my wooden signs were finally completed! The other one I did first and was so excited that I forgot to take pictures but you know the drill.





By the way, that mini sign I made by repurposing a wood container that originally held wooden letters. You know, those kinds you get in the dollar stores? I just took out all the inserts using a pair of pliers!



Now all I have to do is add a Christmas tree to cover the rest of that bare wall and the holiday spirit is set! Thanks for viewing.


Comments