My First "FALL/Welcome" (Reversible) Wooden SIGN


Made my first "FALL/WELCOME" wooden sign!

I did not want a 'distressed' look. I just wanted to make a simple, Fall-themed, reversible sign and it was a challenge let me tell ya.

😞😖😖😖😞

Just finding the time was one of the hardest part. It took me over 3 weeks! And I wasted so much time with the letters...

Originally, I wanted to use some 3D wood letters I purchased at Michael's but I became a bit frugal since I found them to be a bit expensive for just a single-use. Instead, I used them to re-create 3D cardboard versions. What a pain that was!


I first had to trace each letter out on a thick piece of cardboard, cut them out, firm them up with some glue, (lots of glue!), and then paint them three times.








This process took over a week to do and in the end, I did NOT use them (as 3D letters as they were intended for) on my sign! What a waste of time, or so I thought. I eventually displayed them on a stand (as you will see later), so all was not lost.

I did all the necessary steps such as preparing the board (sanding then painting) before tracing out the letters and stencilling on the leaves...


I even 'carved' a few vertical lines into the wood for special effect...




I went a bit overboard with the leaves but remember, I'm no expert so you learn as you go.


I didn't like how the cardboard letters looked on the wood...




... so I ended up tracing around the REAL letters then painted them in.

Then I made some fake 'bolts' using a cardboard cutout shape I created...




Slapped it all together and there you have it!


The other side...



As for those cardboard letters, I'm sure I'll find other uses for them but for now I displayed them on my (Wayfair) TV stand...


A hint of them in the background...






Comments